Thursday, November 15, 2007



I haven't seen anything from a news source that I recognize yet, but if this is not a hoax, it's a huge story. The headquarters of the Liberty Dollar was just raided, and all of their gold, silver, currency, and records have been seized. If you're not familiar with the LD, it's a privately minted currency, stamped out of actual precious metals, and fully backed. Private currency is legal. Counterfeiting American currency is not, but that's not what they're doing.
My first thought was aha, that's how they'll recover some of that money they sent by the pallet-load to Iraq, and lost track of! But I think the story is bigger than that. It's the Bush administration trampling all over yet another freedom. I can think of no excuse, but I bet we'll hear some!

Andy

No comments: