At the rate we're going, we really will trash this planet by the time our kids are grandparents. What are you doing, in your daily life, to address the climate crisis? Here's just a sampling of ideas:
- Put more insulation in your roof.
- Run the air conditioning less, and the fan more.
- Install Compact Flourescent Lightbulbs (and don't go on about mercury, the power to run that incandescent bulb puts more mercury in the ground than is in the CFL. And you can recycle the CFL).
- Shut off lights when leaving a room.
- Put your TV and DVD player on a power strip. Turn off the strip when you aren't using the TV.
- Turn down your thermostat 1 or 2 degrees in the winter. Or be brave like me and run it at 62.
Get involved. Not tomorrow. Today.